The TOEBI Annual Meeting for 2023 will be held on Saturday, 9th September 2023, at the University of Birmingham.
The theme of the Annual Meeting is “Adaptation“. Papers on any aspect of the above theme are welcome, including but not limited to the following topics:
- Adaptation theory and Old English
- Creative translation
- Old English and film, novels, new media, etc.
- Engaging with audiences outside of higher ed
- Teaching adaptations of Old English texts
- Teaching texts in translation
- Adapting teaching methods
- New assessment methods
- Keeping our discipline alive in a challenging higher ed landscape
We welcome interest in 20-minute papers and roundtables, as well as less traditional presentation types, such as: 5-minute lightning talks, performances, group-led workshops, etc. If you have any ideas, feel free to run them by us in advance! Abstracts of no more than 200 words are due to Dr Megan Cavell (email@example.com) and Dr Lindy Brady (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 10th July 2023.